Following a call for project proposals launched by the Department of Integration of the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region, the interministerial committee on integration selected 10 projects, promoting integration in Luxembourg, for funding. In2021 and 2022, the Department of Integration will support these PAN projects with a total of €860,000.
The selected projects are part of the implementation strategy of the National Action Plan on Integration (PAN Integration) and will take place between 1 July 2021 and 31 December 2022. They are based on two areas of intervention:
- Diversity and combating discrimination: Projects aimed at preventing and combating discrimination with a particular emphasis on activities aimed at and directly involving young people, ensuring social and cultural diversity.
- Language acquisition and practice: Projects fostering integration through language acquisition and practice activities with a particular emphasis on the promotion and discovery of culture and heritage.
The PAN projects selected in the 2021 call for project proposals:
1. Theme 1: Diversity and combating discrimination
- Ally Book Club ASBL: "Visible"
- Centre culturel de rencontre Abbaye de Neimenster: "Shaping Society with the Help of Comics - Integration Stories of Women in the Form of Comics"
- CLAE ASBL: "Tout le monde en classe!" ("Everyone in the classroom!")
- Finkapé ASBL: "De Klang Keller: Living Music Living Culture Living Dialogue in Luxembourg"
- Maison des Associations ASBL: "Discriminations off the pocket – Short film competition pocket films"
- University of Luxembourg: "Ensemble contre les discriminations: Raising awareness among young people in Luxembourg through multilingual digital stories”
- Zentrum fir politesch Bildung: "Den DemokratieLabo: Zesumme liewen zu Letzebuerg"
2. Theme 2: Language acquisition and practice
- MEC ASBL: "Kultilux: learning the languages of Luxembourg and discovering the culture and heritage of the Müllerthal region"
- NAXI (Femmes en détresse ASBL): "Learning languages while working in the NAXI-Atelier"
- Multi Learn ASBL: "Abléck: Cultural and linguistic support system in Luxembourgish for all"
Initial results of the PAN 2020 projects on the website
In order to make the results of the 13 projects selected in the 2020 call for proposals accessible to the wider public, the Department of Integration included the key results of these projects in the PAN project section on the website of the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region.
This section currently includes the first results of the completed PAN 2020 projects and will be updated regularly to ensure the publication of the results of ongoing projects.
Press release by Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region