In order to be able to participate in the voting of the foreign representatives of the National Council for Foreigners, the associations must be registered with the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region.
The following may register:
- associations of foreigners with a social, cultural or sporting activity (an association of foreigners being one in which the majority of the founder members or current members are of a nationality other than Luxembourgish);
- associations working primarily for the benefit of foreigners and wishing to collaborate with the Department of Integration on a regular or ad hoc basis.
The associations referred to above are registered with the Department of Integration for the purpose of exercising the right to vote for the National Council for Foreigners, provided that they are constituted in accordance with the provisions of the amended law of 21 April 1928 on non-profit associations and foundations, and that the statutes have been published in accordance with the provisions of the same law.
To register, the association must send the Department of Integration
- an application for registration
- a certified copy of the deed of incorporation
- a true copy of the publication of the articles of association in the Recueil électronique des Sociétés et Associations (RESA) or in the archives of the Mémorial C
- the list of directors appointed in accordance with the articles of association for the current financial year.