Help for those affected by the floods of 14 & 15 July 2021
- Fill in the form to the best of your knowledge. You can complete the form online or print it out and complete it by hand.
- Send the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by mail to the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region, Solidarity Department, L-2919 Luxembourg.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your application with a list of all the information and the documents you need to submit to complete your file.
- Please wait until you have received this information and the documents, in particular from your insurance company, to then send them to the Ministry by e-mail or by mail.
- Do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have by calling +352 2478 6523 or ask the social office of your municipality to help you with your application.
The household financial assistance initiative is a solidarity action following a natural disaster and is aimed at people living in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
It is a grant to cover the cost of essential repairs and the purchase of basic necessities related to the main residence.
AMOUNT OF THE AID
The amount of the aid depends on:
- the extent and nature of the damage
- the financial situation of the household concerned
- the number of persons belonging to the household.
DAMAGE NOT TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT
Damage covered by insurance is not taken into account when assessing the damage.
Various items are also not covered by the aid. These are:
- vehicles, bicycles
- second homes and/or rentals
- caravans, mobile homes
- additional kitchens or bathrooms
- luxury items
- works of art
- sports and leisure equipment
- garden arbours, glasshouses, plantings, fruit trees
- saunas, swimming pools, solariums
- cellar furniture.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
To benefit from the assistance, the persons concerned must fill in the form.
The signed application must be sent to the following address by 31 December 2021 at the latest:
Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region
Please submit the form as soon as possible.
To complete your file, you will be asked to provide the following supporting documents after the Ministry has received your application:
- copies of the wage, salary or pension slips of all persons belonging to the household and/or copy of the last tax statement.
- copy of the insurance company's statement
- if applicable: receipts for maintenance payments
- for owners' associations (for communal property):
- copy of the statement from the insurance company of the owners' association.
- cost allocation within the owners' association and information on ownership shares (millièmes).
Attention: In the case of owners' communities each injured party with main residence must submit a separate claim. Collective applications are not admissible.
The following supporting documents may optionally be attached to the application:
- photographs of the specified damage
- invoice receipts and/or cost estimates.
If you are experiencing psychological distress as a result of the floods of 14 and 15 July, feel free to contact the Solidarity Department secretariat either by telephone (+352) 247 - 86523 or via email email@example.com.
You will then be referred to an appropriate psychological counselling centre.